Primary Computing. Made Easy.
Trusted resources used by teachers and pupils in over 800 schools.
Covers variables, accuracy, programming simple apps (including icons) with touch screen functions, programming digital art, keyboard inputs for game creation and Logo Turtle assessment lessons.
Progression of skills in this pack
1. Change the variables of text-based commands.
2. Write text-based commands accurately and use fill effects, stamps and functions.
3. Write text-based commands to program digital art.
4. Write text commands/functions to program keyboard inputs in a game. (Not compatible with iPad/tablet unless using physical keyboard)
5. Programming a Logo turtle to move and use pen.
6. Use co-ordinates in with a Logo turtle.
7. Print labels in Logo.
8. Program a loop (repetition) and shapes in Logo Turtle.
9. Program colours in Logo turtle.
10. Program variables in Logo turtle.
Key Stage 2 Curriculum
Use sequence and repetition in programs; work with variables. Correct errors.
🕓 4-6 Hours
📥 Updates to this pack:
16.07.21 – Added new app programming activity and Knowledge Organiser.
10.06.21 – Added Logo Turtle assessment lessons.
05.08.20 – Added new activity with video tutorial teaching pupils how to write text-based function/commands for keyboard inputs