Primary Computing. Made Easy.
Trusted resources used by teachers and pupils in over 800 schools.
This activity pack demonstrates how WordPress (a free, online website and blog editor) can be used by pupils to create and publish their own websites about a variety of topics. It introduces and develops many digital skills (see below). The pack includes:
This pack replaces the previous web design pack, which used Weebly Education. Weebly Education is no longer open for new teacher sign up. However, our original activity pack is still available (link in this pack) for teachers who have an existing Weebly education account.
Progression of skills in this pack
1. Create a static homepage.
2. Choose a suitable theme for your website.
3. Change the site identity to a suitable title, tagline and website icon.
4. Upload a suitable header and/or background image.
5. Adjust the website sidebar and add suitable widgets.
6. Add text and images to a page and edit them.
7. Add multiple pages and edit the navigation, including sub-menus.
8. Provide constructive feedback for your classmates’ websites.
Key Stage 2 Curriculum
Design and create digital content to accomplish goals.
🕓 5-8 Hours