Primary Computing. Made Easy.
Trusted resources used by teachers and pupils in over 1000 schools.
This pack guides pupils through re-creating and designing 3D models using computer design tools. It also covers designing a 3D city to a budget to help prevent flooding. The pack uses free, online software and includes a pupil activity pack with video tutorials (see sample below). Plus video introduction to 3D computer design, teacher notes and knowledge organiser.
Progression of skills in this pack
1. Understand and use 3D space on a grid.
2. Design cities/towns for a purpose and to a budget.
3. Re-create or design familiar 3D models using cubes, such as tables and chairs.
4. Use chisel tool to improve and adapt models.
5. Colour individual blocks or whole models.
Key Stage 2 Curriculum
Select, use and combine a variety of software (including internet services) on a range of digital devices to design and create a range of programs, systems and content that accomplish given goals.
🕓 3-5 Hours