Primary Computing. Made Easy.
Trusted resources used by teachers and pupils in over 800 schools.
Pupils can learn to build a 3D village and 3D Lego models using 2 free, online design tools. Includes:
– 2 pupil activity packs (accessible at school or home) with video tutorials and challenges, guiding pupils through re-creating different models and developing skills further.
– Teacher notes with downloadable assessment grid.
– Many opportunities for cross-curricular computing.
Progression of skills in this pack
3D Village Pupil Activity Pack skills:
1. Understand 3D spacial awareness.
2. Add 3D shapes, resize, adjust height, duplicate and use the different perspective.
3. Re-create different types of buildings using 3D shapes.
4. Create roads/paths by adjusting the height of 3D shapes.
5. Add windows and door shapes.
Lego Modelling Pupil Activity Pack skills:
1. Add, move, change colour and duplicate a brick.
2. Rotate bricks.
3. Use sloping bricks and special bricks for a purpose.
4. Change the transparency of bricks.
Key Stage 2 Curriculum
Select, use and combine a variety of software on a range of digital devices to create content that accomplish given goals.
🕓 6-8 Hours
📥 Updates to this pack:
10.03.21 – Added 3D Lego Modelling Pupil Activity Pack
15.02.21 – Added introduction video which all also guides pupils through first task.
30.07.19 – New introduction activity to help with 3D spacial awareness.