Primary Computing. Made Easy.
Trusted resources used by teachers and pupils in over 800 schools.
Introduce younger pupils to stop-motion animation using free, online software. Includes:
– Lesson outlines with introductory video.
– 8 Video tutorials, including step-by-step through the first 2 activities.
– Pupil Activity Pack with the tutorials and challenges, helping pupils learn at their own pace.
– Downloadable assessment grid.
– Cross-curricular links and ideas.
Progression of skills in this pack
1. Add a background and objects to a frame, including text.
2. Copy/clone a frame and move objects to create an animation. Plus flip an object.
3. Create screen-recording animation (optional, requires iPad).
4. Create stop-motion animation with photos (optional, requires iPad).
Key Stage 1 Curriculum
Use technology purposefully to create, organise, store, manipulate and retrieve digital content.
🕓 2-4 hours
📥 Updates to this pack:
24.03.21 – Re-recorded tutorials and added challenges for activities 1 and 2.
20.10.20 – Added ‘Introduction to Stop-motion Animation’ video to help with teacher input.