Primary Computing. Made Easy.
Trusted resources used by teachers and pupils in over 800 schools.
An activity pack to help pupils understand how computers use binary code and how to convert decimal/denary numbers to and from binary. Includes:
– An introductory video.
– A 3 task pupil activity pack with video tutorials and online activities accessible at school or home.
– Teacher notes with challenge sheets for assessment.
Progression of skills in this pack
1. Understand why computers/electronics use binary.
2. Match a sequence of binary code to create digital art.
3. To convert binary code to denary numbers (decimal numbers) and visa versa.
Key Stage 3 Curriculum
Understand how instructions are stored and executed within a computer system; understand how data of various types (including text, sounds and pictures) can be represented and manipulated digitally, in the form of binary digits. (Key Stage 3)
🕓 1-2 Hours