Primary Computing. Made Easy.
Trusted resources used by teachers and pupils in over 800 schools.
Activity pack helping pupil understand how computers have changed over time, how people use them now and predict how they will change in the future. Includes:
– 4.5 metre history of computing display providing fantastic talking points for class/group discussions.
– 6 minute history of computing video timeline documentary.
– PowerPoint presentation looking at past predictions.
– Pupil Activity pack for school/home, including interactive timeline creation activity using free online software, 2 worksheets and video tutorials.
– Teacher notes and other useful resources.
Progression of skills in this pack
1. Understand how technology has changed over time. Combine text and images to present ideas.
2. Understand the impact (positive/negative) technological changes have on society.
3. Predict how technology will change in the future.
Key Stage 2 Curriculum
Design and create digital content to accomplish goals.
Use search technologies effectively and be discerning in evaluating digital content.
🕓 2-3 Hours
📥 Updates to this pack:
23.08.20 – Added pupil activity pack video tutorials, worksheets and more.
25.02.20 – Added worksheet activity
17.12.19 – Added a 6 minute history of computing video timeline documentary.
21.10.19 – Added new interactive timeline creation activity, more events to history of computing display and new title.