Primary Computing. Made Easy.
Trusted resources used by teachers and pupils in over 800 schools.
This activity pack teaches pupils how computers learn (machine learning) and how they are programmed to do tasks usually done by humans (artificial intelligence). The pack includes a pupil activity pack accessible at school or home (using a simple code) with:
– ‘Introduction to Machine Learning and AI’ video, ending with discussion points and questions.
– 4 activities using free websites compatible with all devices, that help pupils to use and see machine learning in action.
The pack also includes teacher notes with a downloadable assessment resource.
Progression of skills in this pack
1. Understand how computers use information to learn by solving new problems and following new instructions.
2. Understand and use examples of machine learning.
3. Understand how artificial intelligence is used to perform tasks often only performed by humans.
4. Discuss and show awareness of potential dangers of AI.
🕓 1-2 Hours