Primary Computing. Made Easy.
Trusted resources used by teachers and pupils in over 800 schools.
This pupil activity pack can be accessed by pupils at home or school and teaches a range of different Internet research skills with 7 challenges. Including;
– Parts of an Internet Browser.
– Plausibility and accuracy.
– Finding specific information.
- Fake news (cross referencing facts).
Resources work on all devices and include teacher notes, video tutorials, downloadable assessment grid and printable worksheets.
Progression of skills in this pack
1. Use search technologies to find specific pieces of information.
2. Understand features of an Internet Browser.
3 Reference the correct source of information.
4. Be discerning in evaluating digital content.
5. Check the internet for fake news by cross-referencing facts.
Key Stage 2 Curriculum
Use search technologies effectively, appreciate how results are selected and ranked, and be discerning in evaluating digital content.
🕓 3-4 Hours
📥 Updates to this pack:
15.09.20 – Added new ‘Parts of an Internet Browser’ video tutorial and assessment task.
10.12.19- Added internet research tips video and improved teacher notes.
10.09.19 – Added a fake news extension activity.
05.03.19 – Added new fake news activity.5.