Primary Computing. Made Easy.
Trusted resources used by teachers and pupils in over 800 schools.
Scratch Jr activity pack for Key Stage 1:
– Lesson outlines, video tutorials, pupil certificates of completion and downloadable assessment grid.
– Unplugged activities for schools with limited devices.
– 3 Pupil Activity Packs: Animated Story, Quiz and Space Game include video tutorials and challenges that allow pupils to work at school or home at their own pace to design sprites and program movements, speech, inputs and conditions. (Sample tutorials below)
(Requires free Scratch Jr for iPad, Windows or Chromebook)
Progression of skills in this pack
1. Program movements.
2. Program outputs for audio or text.
3. Find errors in a program (debug).
4. Program inputs (touch or clicking)
5. Program conditions (if statements).
Key Stage 1 Curriculum
Understand what algorithms are; how they are implemented as programs on digital devices; and that programs execute by following precise and unambiguous instructions.
Create and debug simple programs.
Use logical reasoning to predict the behaviour of simple programs.
🕓 3-4 Hours
📥 Updates to this pack:
07.12.20 – Added Quiz pupil activity pack.
19.11.19 – Added new videos to Scratch Jr Animated Story and added Scratch Jr Space Pupil Activity